Combining the excitement of cruising with the sophistication of a five-star hotel, Britannia is the most glamorous and largest ship ever built exclusively for the British market.
She officially entered service on 14 March 2015 and was named by Queen Elizabeth II. Her first call into St Peter Port in May 2015 was to be the first of many visits. She has visited our shores 12 times since then.
Britannia is the largest of eight ships currently in service with P&O Cruises and she is also the flagship of the fleet with a 94 metres (308 ft) Union Flag on her bow, the largest of its kind in the world.
The name Britannia was announced on 24 September 2013 and has historical importance for P&O, as there have been two previous ships named Britannia connected with the company. The first entered service in 1835 for the General Steam Navigation Company, which went on to become the Peninsular Steam Navigation Company. The second, which entered service in 1887, was one of four ships ordered by the company to mark the golden jubilee of both Queen Victoria and P&O itself.